Delhi to Vaishno Devi in 8 Hours with new Vande Bharat Express
Indian Railways new Vande Bharat Express is going to start for Vaisno devi tour soon. The T 18 train would run from Delhi to Katra, and will stop at Ambala, Ludhiana, and Jammu Tawi.Currently, the first Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 is running on the Delhi-Varanasi route.
Devotees who wish to visit Maa Vaishno Devi temple can go for the Vande Bharat Express train between Delhi and Katra making their journey faster by 4 hrs. Train 18 or Vande Bharat Express can run on a speed of 200 kmph, which would save the travellers time by 4 hrs. A superfast train usually takes about 10-12 hours to reach Vaishno Devi currently. Due to the high traffic volume on this route, the Railways wants to capitalize this who wish to visit Maa Vaishno Devi temple shrine.
These are the features of new Vande Bharat Express on Delhi-katra route:
1) The new Vande Bharat Express high-speed train on Delhi-Katra route will cover the distance within 8 hours.
2) Train 18 from Delhi to Katra would start from the month of August.
3) The train will run for three days a week — Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
4) The Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express will start from Delhi at 6 am and would reach Katra at 2 pm.
5) T 18 departs from Katra at 3 pm and reach Delhi at 11 pm on its return journey.
6) The train will run at a maximum speed of 130 kmph on the Delhi-Katra route.
7) From Delhi to Katra, Vande Bharat train will stop at Ambala, Ludhiana, and Jammu Tawi.
8) This train has more space to store meals for passengers.
9) It has adjustable seats and improved washbasins, a aluminium-clad nose cover to avoid damage due to cattle run-over and special anti-spall film on windows to guard against stone pelting.
10) The trials have been done on the Delhi-Katra route.
The first Vande Bharat Express or Train 18 was was flagged off by PM Narendra Modi in February on the Delhi-Varanasi route which runs five days a week.